7th & 8th Robotics
The Lego Robotics Mindstorms EV3 kits are going to be used in the 7th & 8th Technology Classes. The 30 kits include all parts, software, and training required in order to implement Lego Robotics into the class’ curriculum. This program is extremely adaptable and several schools are incorporating it into their programs. The program focuses on concepts of engineering, robotics, science, and technology. These kits will push our technology curriculum even further and will provide a connection from our Middle School to High School Technology Courses.
Reasons to integrate into curriculum:
- Hands-on, engaging lessons.
- Students learn by doing.
- Opportunities for trial and error learning.
- Student-driven and customizable.
- Immediately see results of the work that is completed.
- Prepares students for STEM-focused careers.
- Teaches complex computer science, engineering, mathematics, and science concepts.
- Brings a real life application to learning.
- Provides opportunities for competition.
- Teaches troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Requires students to collaborate and work as a team.
- Aligned to Common Core Standards.